Wednesday, March 9

1st day of being 27!


I'm joyful that I had a great birthday celebration this year. I'm grateful that I got to have my day just exactly the way I wanted. Not everything went according to plan, but when I look at it, it was the BEST DAY EVER! Disneyland was so much fun, I had the best companions a girl could ask for, and it wasn't even busy. We had fresh, hot corn dogs for lunch - I don't normally enjoy them, but these were delicious - I wish I'd gotten pictures! I need to post lots of food pictures. After Disney closed, we decided we were hungry, but local diners would not do - we were seeking adventure still! So we dropped off my exhausted sister (thanks for driving, Kate! xo) and headed out to LA to Swingers Diner to meet up with another birthday girl for some dinner and girl talk. For all my talk about being healthy, I just decided to go all out and have a juicy cheeseburger, onion rings, a Newcastle (thanks, Sara!), and topped it off with a red velvet cupcake. STUFFED.

Here are a few random images I captured with the camera phone (Note to self - stop and take a sec to get some great pictures! Or you will kick yourself later!)


The castle is so lovely at night! I can't do it justice. I just wanted to stop and stare.

King Arthur's Carousel - oooh, shiny!

Happy and tired birthday girl!

I am so grateful to be another year older and wiser. I truly believe that each birthday brings me a fresh opportunity to gather my focus and attain some goals! This year, I'm going to bring abundance into my life by improving my health.. I'm going to eat a ton of vegetables and fruit! I'm going to walk every day, even if it's just for 15 minutes. I'd love to invite more opportunities to be physically active in my life - God gave me a wonderful body and I don't use or appreciate it enough.

I'm going to spend more time with the people who make me happy. I have so many good people in my life who keep me afloat when I'm drowning, and I don't take enough time to enjoy them! I'm also planning to utilize my social networking to reach out more often and in more creative ways. I want my friends and family to know that I love them and think about them constantly.

I'm grateful that Wednesdays are my Fridays! I am looking forward to tonight, I look forward to being relaxed and at home, spending time by myself or  with my roomie and her kitties, who are adorable even if they make me sneeze. I'm grateful for fun weekend plans! Thursday morning we're going to Fallbrook for haircuts and to spend time with the roomie's fam(ily), then racing back to Anaheim for a belated birthday dinner with my parents and sisters. I'm grateful for my mother and her cooking skillz.. I love that she always makes exactly what we want, and this year she's making my favorite meal: meatloaf and mashed potatoes, with broccoli bake (a bastadized broccoli-cheese casserole dish, mm-mm-mm). I'm loving that my sisters and their partners will be there to celebrate with me, and that I have fun and amazing roommates to spend time with!

And I'm grateful to be able to be working full-time, and while I'm here I'll share this inspiring decoration my co-supervisor keeps on our desk -- I'm in love with it and I'm going to memorize it for when I'm ready to let someone into my life:

It says:
'How many ways cans I say I love you and still make you smile? I love you
 for your thoughtfulness and tenderness, for always being so good to me,
for your easy attitude, your faithfulness and loyalty, and your commitment to us.
As long as my heart beats, I will love you - my partner,
my funny valentine, the love of my life, and my best friend.
No matter what happens, I'll be just fine as long as you are
my roommate in this place called life.'
Donna Fargo


Isn't that a wonderful affirmation of love? Someday I'll give one to someone that I love very much.

Once final thought: Cucumbers are so delicious on sandwiches! I'm in love!

1 comment: