Tuesday, May 17

Spring Cleaning & Creating My Dream-Space!

Picture source: housebeautiful.com


I have become a woman possessed and obsessed with making my bedroom a more livable space. I simply must making it my dream space.. the space where I dream, and also the dreamiest space ever! I personally spend much of my free time in that room - it serves as my sleeping area, office space, dressing room and entertaining area! It's my intention to streamline everything and make the space as functional as possible.

It began as just an urge to rid myself of unused furniture.. but once that task was completed, I could not stand to put the room back together without a complete overhaul. So this is what I'm going to do:

1. Remove most of the furniture and the bedding and move it into the living room - sorry, Mom! I'm taking over the space (we never have guests anyway.).
2. Completely wash, dust, and vaccuum everything that will stay still.
3. Organize all drawers that have been removed from their spaces. Buy spacers/organizers if necessary.
4. Anything that I don't want inside my bedroom must be donated, sold, or thrown away! And I'm going to be ruthless and unsentimental. Who needs the junk? Not me.. I need SPACE TO BREATHE!
5. Acquire some lengths of coaxel (??) cable so that my computer doesn't HAVE to sit on top my DVR - so annoying the way the Ex had it all set up. This is gonna be MY SPACE NOW.

There are still many, many details to be worked out and it's going to be an arduous project, but I'm really excited about it!

Part of it is definitely the feeling that I will be cleaning out the last vestiges of the Ex's existence from my living space, that is an attractive thought. Part of it is that I've convinced myself that if I declutter my space, I will declutter my mind. And part of it is the knowledge that I will be moving far away, soon, and don't want to have a lot of possessions to worry about.

In short, if I can't fit it into my 10x15 or so shoebox room, it's getting the boot. I am saying goodbye to clutter and saying hello to a functional life!

6 comments:

  1. hello jen!
    just wanted to pop by and say hello and thank you for commenting on my tattoo feature!
    i have added you to my blog list!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! *squee*
    Your blog is completely gorgeous! I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reducing clutter is one of the greatest feelings in the world. Congrats on getting that done. You'll feel oh so much lighter afterwards

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly it, Christina! I feel so much lighter.. it's a transcendant feeling! :)

    Thanks for the comment, I'm looking forward to checking out your blog today!

    ReplyDelete